- Shadow Libraries: Access to Knowledge in Global Higher Education. Editor. MIT Press, 2018. CC licensed/downloadable
- “Takedown in Two Worlds: An Empirical Analysis,” with Jennifer Urban and Brianna Schofiled. Journal of the Copyright Society of the USA. Vol.64:4, pgs 483-520. 2017
- “Notice and Takedown: Online Service Provider and Rightsholder Accounts of Everyday Practice,” with Jennifer Urban and Brianna Schofiled. Journal of the Copyright Society of the USA. Vol.64:3, pgs 371-410. 2017.
- “Digital Piracy.” Handbook of Digital Media and Social Practice. Springer, 2017
- Notice and Takedown in Everyday Practice, with Jennifer Urban and Brianna Schofield. American Assembly, 2016.
- “The Rise of the Robo Notice.” With Jennifer Urban. Communications of the ACM. September 2015.
- “Can Pirates Fix a Broken Movie Market in Ecuador?” With Evelin Heidel and Ezekiel Acuna. Ars Technica, Jan 12, 2014.
- “Copy Culture in the US and Germany,” with Lennart Renkema. American Assembly, 2013.
- Media Piracy in Emerging Economies, 2011, SSRC Press. Editor and Contributor:
- “Chapter 1: Rethinking Piracy”; “Chapter 2: Networked Governance,” with Sean Flynn; “Chapter 4: Russia,” with Olga Sezneva.
Selections published in Portuguese in Brazil Pirata, Brazil Original. FGV 2015.
Also available in Spanish, Russian, and Chinese.
- “Cultures of Collaboration in Media Research,” in Napoli and Aslama, Communication Research in Action. Fordham University Press, 2011.
- “On Making Public Policy with Publicly Available Data: The Case of U.S. Communications Policymaking,” with Philip Napoli. Government Information Quarterly. Vol. 27, no.4. 2010.
- “Broadband Adoption in Low-Income Communities,” with Alison Powell, Dharma Dailey, Amelia Bryne, and Jaewon Chung. Commissioned by the FCC. March 2010, SSRC Press.
- “Toward a Federal Data Agenda for Media and Communications Policymaking,” with Philip Napoli. CommLaw Conspectus, Catholic University, v.1, no.16, 2008: pp.53-96.
- Structures of Participation in Digital Culture, Editor, Columbia University Press / SSRC Books, 2007.
- “The Politics of Open Source Adoption,” editor. “Introduction” with Robert Latham, 2005.
- Oxford Dictionary of the Social Sciences, Associate Editor, Oxford University Press, 2002.